Join us for a Minority Mental Health Awareness Program
A panel discussion and break out discussions regarding increasing awareness and access to care for minority mental health.
DATE AND TIME
Fri, July 27, 2018
9:00 AM – 2:30 PM EDT
K.D. Moore Community Development Center, Inc.
3999 Church St
Clarkston, GA 30021
Positive Growth Inc. in partnership with NAMI DeKalb and Emory University’s Urban Health Initiative present a Mental Health Symposium in recognition of Minority Mental Health Awareness Month in July. Licensed professionals and community advocates will lead a panel discussion and breakout sessions discussing:
- Closing the Gap in Care for Minority Communities
- What’s Working and What Isn’t Working for Minority Communities
- Reducing Barriers to Care
- Destigmatizing Mental Illness
- Helping someone you love get the mental health care they need
- Helping a child receive care
- Generational trauma
- Clinical versus subclinical issues (e.g. the when sadness becomes depression, when moody becomes bipolar, when strange becomes schizophrenia.)
This is a Must Attend Event for clergy, school officials, government officials and those with loved ones or clients affected with mental health, and anyone interested in learning more about it!
Positive Growth Inc. is a behavioral health agency based in Clarkston, GA that provides mental health services, substance abuse treatment, educational programs, and residential care to males between the ages of 12-21. NAMI DeKalb’s mission is to promote and improve the quality of life for all who are affected by mental illness by providing support, education and advocacy. Emory University’s Urban Health Initiative provide health disparities education and advocacy, build collaborative partnerships and develop best practice models with underserved communities in Metro Atlanta.
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Networking and Registration
- 9:30 AM – 9:45 AM Welcome and Keynote Address
- 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM Panel Discussion
- 10:45 AM – 11:00 AM Break
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Breakout Sessions
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch
- 1:00PM – 2:00 PM Breakout Sessions
- 2:15 PM -2:30 PM Closing Remarks
NOTE: A separate email will follow to all registrants to select breakout sessions as seating capacity is limited in each session. Lunch is provided.
For more information contact Ava Morton at 404-298-9005 or email email@example.com.
To register visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/minority-mental-health-symposium-tickets-45685393241
Board Meetings 3rd Mondays of each month
at 5:15 p.m.
Sign-up for NAMI DeKalb E-Newsletter
Please send name and e-mail address to Pat Robinson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see: Current and Past NAMI DeKalb Newsletters!
NAMI Georgia News
NAMI National News
PO Box 2180,
Decatur, GA 30031